Memorial Day weekend was great to be able to get out of town and spend time with family--even family I had never met! We managed to stay pretty busy between spending time with Grandma and Grandpa, touring the conference center, attending Aunt Ruth's 87th birthday party, and hanging out with Melissa and Curry and the dang cute kids. Since it was memorial day we also gathered Eileen and Jeff, Marilyn and David and visited Aunt Velma and Uncle Cecil's graves. It had been awhile since we had seen Grandma and Grandpa. She didn't look good, and I think he is lonely, but it was great to talk to him. I was actually surprised he knew who I was, but he turned to me at one point and asked "Kelly, what are you up to these days?" Then he continued to show me around the house and all his projects. It was really tender to have those moments with him as my memories of him to this point have not been that fond. I suppose time really does heal all wounds, and as we grow we become more forgiving.
But, there was also a lot of laughing--like when we were driving in Salt Lake and people are crossing the street with BRIGHT orange flags that dad didn't see Lauren starts yelling "Flag people! Flag People! Flag People!" and dad thought she was saying "Black People" and almost hit the poor pedestrians until Garn yelled "You have to stop for them!!" ha ha... flag people was our joke the rest of the weekend--every road trip has them!
The picture of me and the old man--that is Jay Turner--- Leslie was not able to make it on this trip with us, but we all thought it was really funny since she has elder J-ustin Turner out on a mission so I had to take this picture. All for you Les!
I also got to spend some time with an old mission friend that I hadn't seen in almost five years. He was the assistant to the President when I came out and he went home a few months later. It was great to catch up and time flew by--before we knew it it was 5:45 AM!! That's something I had never done before, but there is a first time for everything! (sorry I didn't get any pictures of us together!)
2 comments:
We had fun seeing you too! I wish we could have spent more time together!!
It looks like you guys had a wonderful memorial day weekend!! So fun to see family!
Post a Comment