Monday, June 27, 2011

Illness needs to end!!

I feel like when I post lately I am being really negative, but this is our life! Lucas has been under going treatment for his blood clots and it almost feels like a game getting the blood to exactly the right levels and when to take a pill or when not to... This weekend was a whole other adventure. We spent Saturday night at the ER because he had been having nose bleeds all day. Normally it wouldn't have been an issue, but when he is on the blood thinners it was a little nerve wracking. When we were finally able to see a doctor the bleeding had stopped (just our luck!) then he did all he could to get it to bleed again so the doctor could find the cause, but we were unsuccessful. We were released with no knowledge of why it was happening, but we did find out his blood was almost the right level. Finally a piece of good news! We had spent the day in Alpine with my family since mom and dad were in town to celebrate Asher's birthday since it was so late after the pointless visit to the ER we stayed the night at Melissa's and had more time with my parents.

Logan had also developed a cough late last week and just hasn't been his normal happy self. At first we wondered if he was just teething, but he has been coughing. Normally I wouldn't freak out over a cold, but with Luke having had pneumonia today we decided to head to the pediatrician. We found out Little man has his first ear infection and he is now on amoxicillian. At least he likes his medicine and takes it well! It is the same stuff he had when he developed cellulitis of his eye a few weeks back.

As if all that isn't enough, I also have had a few sleepless nights due to what I thought was just a cold. A deep cough, sore throat, sore ears-not so fun, but last night my ear hurt so bad that the entire left side of my face was swollen and it hurt to move my jaw. So today also brought a doctors visit for me where I found out it's a double ear infection and the doctor said it's the worst he has seen in an adult in a long time. Lucky me. So amoxicillan for me too.

The good news is Luke finally has a job interview tomorrow at Enterprise. It's only part time, but at least it would be something! I think he is getting a little stir crazy, but loves playing games with the kids and caring for Logan while he is home. The good news is our little family has had a lot of time together during this whole mess. Seriously though who gets pneumonia, blood clots, loses their job and has their wife and baby sick at the same time and spends a night at the ER?? and this is all in a few WEEKS timeline. I think Luke's name should have been Job.

No comments: