Well what a better way to start off the new year, than with a renewed commitment to blogging! Here is what we have been up to the last year:
Ella is now 18 months old, and just started going to nursery! She loves it and gets so excited when we open the door to take her in. They have a little playhouse that she loves and will run right to it, screaming at anyone that gets in her way! The leaders say if they want her attention they have to hide the house to get her to listen. She started walking at 16 months, but has now changed over to running--everywhere we go. It's her new favorite game--let's see how fast I can escape mom and dad! She has done really well at learning sign language, but is now starting to talk as well. Last weekend she came up with uh-oh, bye-bye, ball, apple, and baby. She loves going to see grandma and grandpa and is grandpa's little girl (probably because he gives her candy!) and calls him"Bampa." We are thankful to have her in our home.
Logan turned 3 in August and is growing way too fast! With some friends, I started a co-op preschool that we call "Monkey School," and he loves it! There are 4 other kids and we have it once a week. It is good for him to get some social time with kids his own age. We have also tried to get together about once a week with his friend Kelby. Her mom and dad got married about the same time as Luke and I and have two kids, each five months older than ours. Logan and Kelby love to play and we have been on outings to the zoo, a farm, a fair, and a few other things. They get along great. We spent New Year's Eve at their house, and Kelby even picked out a dress that she wanted Logan to see her in! They stayed up the whole night and Logan even said "We're getting married!" They are adorable. Logan loves to be outside playing even in the snow. He loves to play ball, and with robots, and sometimes even tea party with Ella. He is into Jake and the Neverland Pirates, and Santa even brought him Jake's pirate ship (that I swear he would sleep with if I would let him!)
Lucas is currently working for Stanley Steemer. He started there in August and really enjoyed it at first, but now it is slow season, and he is only working about two days a week. Not ideal for a family! So, he is again looking for another job. He has an interview today for a cabinetry company that is closer to home and is willing to train. He likes hands-on training and is really excited about it so I hope it works out. He says the best part is that they would give him a company truck and paid cell phone too! When he is home with us he enjoys playing Mario Kart on the Wii, and teaching Logan Beatles songs with his new rock band game he got for Christmas. He has also enjoyed playing basketball with the Elders Quorum.
I am currently working two part time at home jobs, one as an assistant to a financial advisor, and another as an assistant to a realtor. I have learned a lot through both jobs, and they definitely keep me on my toes with the kids, the house and my work. We started off the new year by learning that we are expecting baby #3 in September, and I have my first appointment next week. I am a little nervous for a new doctor, and hospital since we have moved since Ella was born, but the first appointment is always my favorite to hear the heart beat. We are going to be surprised this time as far as gender since we already have one of each, but I think it's a boy. I have had some morning sickness this time already which I did have with Logan, but not with Ella. Logan has also been walking around talking about brother for the last year or so, perhaps he knows something we don't? Either way we will be happy as long as the child is healthy.
So that's life at the Rasmussen house currently. Never a dull moment around here, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment