Monday, August 24, 2009
One Year in Salt Lake?
A year ago today I moved to Salt Lake! It is amazing how much my life has changed in one years time! In May of last year my mom, me and my cousin Wendy were in town for a family funeral. We attended a BYU ward with my friend Holly, and I had the feeling I needed to move here soon. I fought it, but the feeling did not go away, something was tugging at me to come here. So I put out some resumes not thinking much of it, and got a call back from Roger Moore, VP of Sales and Marketing at Phonex. The next thing I knew I was here for an interview. I told Heavenly Father that if he wanted me here so badly that he would help things to work out--I would get the job, find an apartment and the move would go smoothly. The day I flew out for the interview my flight was delayed making me 3 hours later than planned. I thought at that point it was a sign that things were not meant to be. It worked out that when I finally arrived at the office for the interview everyone was there to greet me. I was there for 3 hours and met everyone in the company--all 11 of them! ha ha. Roger offered me the job before I left and I knew then I would be coming to Salt Lake. The next day I was driving around and found some cute apartments, on a golf course set back in a nice neighborhood. They were the only apartments I toured. Later that day I signed the lease just before flying back to Vegas. This was really happening. Two weeks flew by and before I knew it I was quickly becoming a resident of Utah. But coming here was not all the Lord had in store for me. Two months after moving in I got lonely as I now lived alone and didn't know anyone here so I, the queen of anti-online dating, got myself a profile. The next day I received a wink, and over the next month started chatting with and emailing Lukews6. Exactly one month later we met in person and talked for hours. We went out four times that first week before I went home for Thanksgiving for a week. When I got back everything else fell into place--he met my parents and after three weeks of dating we were already discussing marriage. We got engaged one month later, and married 3 months after that. And this weekend, on my one year mark in SLC-- we moved into a new apartment! It is amazing to me how the Lord blesses our lives. I am so glad for the guidance he gives me and that he knew me well enough to bring me here and lead me to my wonderful husband. We are excited to be in our new place, though we are far from being settled. We will be asking "Where is...?" for awhile as neither one of us realized how much stuff we had, but we are excited for this new adventure in our life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i can't believe it has been a year already!!! it is crazy how fast time is going by! I am glad that you have had such a wonderful year and are now married to an amazing man! Hope the next year is as good as the last! love ya!
I'm glad you moved here too!! :) Let me know when you're all settled so we can get together sometime!
Post a Comment