This was my first birthday as a married woman and so exciting! I have a husband who spoils me so we celebrated all weekend! Friday night we went to see "New Moon" of the Twilight series--I have wanted to see it since it came out, but we have not had a chance so Luke took me and he actually enjoyed it too! I thought they did a much better job than on the first movie, and now my husband is hooked too!
Saturday we got to sleep in (one of my favorite things these days!) and then went shopping for a new dress. I need some clothes that stretch with me as I get bigger and Luke found me a perfect dress. That night he took me on a horse drawn carriage ride downtown around temple square! I have wanted to do that for so long. It was freezing cold, but we took our own blankets and hot chocolate and made it through. We pulled out our camera to take a picture when the ride was over and it was frozen. I have the worst luck with digital cameras! (This is the one we got for Christmas--and is my third in about two years!) That night we went to The Mayan for dinner with some friends of ours.
THEN... on Sunday, my mother-in-law had everyone over for dinner for a party for me. We had cake and ice cream and played games. It was a nice weekend. The actual birthday was Monday, but I had to work so it was kinda lame. I was really glas I had a fun weekend to make up for it! Monday night Luke was working when I got home so I went to dinner with a mission companion whose birthday was Friday and we celebrated together. Overall, it wasa great birthday, but the day after is what we were more excited for--the first baby doc appt!
No comments:
Post a Comment