Logan has FINALLY made his grand entrance into this world! Thursday the 19th of August my parents were in town and had been over to visit me. I had not been feeling well so they didn't stay long, and I went to bed shortly after they left. An hour later I was watching a movie and felt like I peed my pants. I called the hospital and asked what it felt like when water breaks, but they couldn't tell me anything other than call your doctor. I called my mom and asked if her water ever broke, but she never experienced that. Next I called the doctor's office, and the recording says if you think your water broke go straight to the hospital-but how do you know if your water breaks when it's your first pregnancy?? Luke was at work so I called him at the main security office, and was told they would have him call me. I called his cell and when he asked what was up I told him "I don't think I just peed my pants!" He rushed home and our adventure began. We arrived at the hospital at 945pm and checked in. It turned out that Logan had a bowel movement in my womb so we had a meconium problem. Once it was determined that my water had broke, the nurses tried to get me hooked to my IV, but unfortunately my veins are hard to find in my hands. Me--the girl deathly afraid of needles-- got stuck 6 times before it was good enough and it took an ER nurse to even get that! We started the Pitocin since I was only dilated to a 2 when we went in, and a little while later discovered the Pitocin was making Logan's heart beat slow down so we would have to stop it until the doctor arrived the next morning. The nurses knew I had been sick and advised I get the epidural if nothing else so I could sleep and have the energy I would need when it was time to push. At 3 am I got the epidural and at that time I was only dilated to a 3. Once a doctor arrived that morning (my regular doc was out of town!) we started the pitocin again and again Logan's heart beat slowed down. They put me on oxygen to help with the problem, but that made me nauseated so they gave me nausea medication. Later that afternoon the nurse checked me and I was only at an 8 so she said she would be back to check me in a few hours. A half hour later I began to feel pain. Luke went into the hallway and found the doctor who came in and told me I was finally there and ready to push and then the fun part started! I pushed for 2 hours and in that time we lost Logan's heart beat a few times as well and would have to not push through a few contractions. After two hours I was tired, and Logan had stress on his heart so the doctor decided to use the forceps to help him out. After three more pushes he was dropped on my belly, and our lives changed forever. He was born at 342 pm on Friday August 20 weighing 8 lbs 3 oz and measuring 21 inches. He has been such a blessing in our lives already and we absolutely adore him!
2 comments:
Congrats Kelly! He is adorable!
ahhhh,.. that is so scary. I'm so glad you were able to still deliver him normally though. what a blessing. Congratulations!
Post a Comment