I can hardly believe how fast this year is going by! I missed posting the entire summer? And how is it that we are already into fall?? Well, nothing too exciting happened this summer--except that we had a BABY! Ella is already almost three months old, and we love her so much! She is a doll, and just an easy going baby. She was born July 2, and we brought her home on the 4th. Needless to say fireworks were not as important to me as sleep that night!
In August, we celebrated both Logan's 2nd birthday and Ella's blessing. My sisters and parents traveled from Vegas, and it was the first time in 3 years we have all been together! Logan's party was Sesame Street themed and held at Melissa's home. We had a lot of family come from both sides and a few friends too. We had 3 cakes--Grandma Jolene made Elmo, and I made Cookie Monster and Big Bird. Cookie Monster was a crowd favorite, and I was so excited since it was a last minute idea (got to love pinterest for help and inspiration!)
Ella's blessing day was nice as well. Luke was a lot less nervous this time than for Logan's since he had done it before! He gave a nice blessing, and the rest of the day was to celebrate our little girl. After the meeting, we gathered on the lawn of the church for root beer floats, and then my family came over for dinner. All 13 of us managed to fit in our tiny apartment! We had a good time with no drama-which is amazing for a family of all girls!
On Monday, Logan's actual birthday, we took him up to Hogle Zoo. They have a new polar bear exhibit that we got to see and he got to ride the train around the zoo with daddy. He was so excited to go home that day and open presents! Overall, the birthday was a success.
That same week (August was a really busy month!) Luke started his first semester of college! He is really excited about it, even though it has been a struggle already to balance classes and homework with his work schedule and family responsibilities. He is studying criminal justice at Salt Lake Community College.
Since he works 4 nights a week, and goes to school the other three nights, it has left me an "evening widow," so I actually got a job in August. I am working for a workers' comp website called claimwire. The site actually launches next month so I have been doing mainly data entry and helping to get things ready. I work from home and set my own hours, and it's all online. I love spending time with the kids by day and working by night. It's also nice because it keeps me from being too lonely at night, but gives me something to do other than change diapers, feed kids, toilet train, and other mommy duties :)
So, that's the "Readers Digest" version of our summer. I love being a mother of two, though some days I wonder how people do it with more than two kids! Amazing how in two short years I had forgotten how much attention a newborn needs, but I am learning as I go. My little family is the highlight of my life, and I can't imagine it being much of a life without them!
No comments:
Post a Comment