Thursday, May 24, 2012

Time Flies!

Seriously? Where has this month gone? I feel like I was just in Vegas yesterday, and it's already Memorial Day weekend? This year is almost half over already!

We have been busily preparing for Ella's arrival. I can't believe we are down to 6 weeks! We had our 34 week check up yesterday and everything is looking good. The doctor is thinking she may arrive early, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Logan was 5 days late! She is due July 6, but the ultrasound says July 11. My Grammie is hoping for the 13th on her birthday, but we will see when the little one decides to make her entrance!

I have been finishing projects around the house trying to feel more at home here (funny we have been in this apartment for 5 months now and it still doesn't feel like home. I wonder if we won't get that feeling until we are settled in a house... in a few years??) I finished the curtains I have been wanting to make for our living room, and 3 throw pillows to compliment them. We got a new bed for our room including a head/foot board and curtains and a bed spread so our room looks nice and put together for the first time in our married life. I also am putting together another round of freezer meals to feed us up until then and maybe a little after (depending on when she comes!) I am trying to get things arranged in the kids room still too. I really want to stain my crib, but I was told I need to sand it first, and this is not recommended activity when pregnant. Does anybody have any suggestions for this?

Luke had some time off this week so we were able to take Logan to the community pool for the first time. He wasn't so sure about it at first, but at the end he didn't want to leave! Luke also got fitted for contacts this week and is getting used to wearing those and getting them in and out by himself. He has to work all Memorial day weekend, but I feel like we celebrated with all his time off last week.

No comments: