I LOVE The 4th of July! I don't know if it's the food, family time, fireworks, or the reminder to be grateful for the opportunity I have of living in the promised land, but I love it. And the fact that fireworks are on my favorite things list doesn't hurt! Here are some things I learned today:
The first July 4th was celebrated July 8, 1776. At this time the Declaration of Independence was read aloud and city bells were rang, and bands played. However, the day did not become an official holiday until 1941. John Adams thought that July 2nd would be a national holiday. He was only off a few days!!
Tonight we had dinner at Lauren and Garn's house and had a few fireworks there. Then I headed off to Texas station for a 9 minute firework show choreographed to music. The music was a rockin tribute to america--and one of the songs was Viva Las Vegas!! ha ha--only in Vegas is a tribute to us included in Americana music!! Unfortunately I didn't get any good pics of the fireworks, but I did enjoy them. Here are a few pics:
No comments:
Post a Comment