Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Freedom, Four Wheelers and Fireworks!

Fourth of July this year was lots of fun. We drove up to Logan to meet up with our friends Rich & Alana. Alana and I served on the mission together so it is always fun to get together and catch up with her. We took her parents four wheelers out up in Logan canyon for my first four wheeling experience! We had so much fun, and even crossed the border into Idaho so I can officially say I have been there now!


Then we drove up to Gibson Lakes and even had to go through some snow to get there! This is us in front of the more impressive of the two lakes
On the way back Luke let me drive a little, and those things are harder than they look! I was a little sore afterwards, but we had a great time. I did pretty good for my first time until we hit the bumps in the road--I was going about 25 and hit a dip funny and didn't tip, but took us on a detour through the bushes! Luke was holding on to me yelling "Honey! Honey get on the road!" I gave him a good scare, but I got us back without throwing us off. Still, I don't think I will be driving another four wheeler for a long time!
That night we picked up some pizza and played card games while we camped out waiting for the fireworks to start in the tiny town of Lewiston. I LOVE fireworks and think it is my favorite part of the fourth. I was a little disappointed as this is my first year (except for the mission where we were in bed before they started anyway) not in Vegas for the awesome shows. Alana assured me
I would not be disappointed, and it turns out I wasn't! They put on a good show in tiny little towns! We were laying in the grass and it looked like the fireworks were right above us! Alana said sometimes the ash even falls right on you! But, I have to give credit to lewiston for putting on a not-as-lame-as-I-thought-it-would-be show!
Now for the freedom part... I am truly greatful to be an American where we have freedoms, and for those who are fighting or have fought for us to keep those freedoms. We are truly blessed (or spoiled) as a nation. and I am greatful for a day to celebrate that! Happy Birthday America!

No comments: