Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blessings in Disguise

I have been out of work for 8 weeks now, and it is amazing all the good that has come of it. I have missed working (and the income that comes from it), but I have managed to stay busier at home than when I was employed. I have been able to spend a little more time than usual with my nieces and nephews, my sister and my sister in law. We were able to get on Luke's insurance which pays way better than the plan we were on and will help with the baby expenses. But, it is amazing that we have also been able to save more money than ever in the last year that we have been married. We have also been able to pay off some more debt as well. Today we were able to pay off one more loan and be one step closer to being debt free--every little bit is exciting right now. Luke laughs at me sometimes because I keep a spreadsheet of our bills, and I get so excited to update it when we pay something off. It has truly been a blessing to be able to save, and pay off debt in a struggling economy and on only one income. We are also excited to have a second income again soon! And, we do have Luke's car up for sale, so anyone who wants a Trans Am or might know someone who wants a Trans Am--let us know!

No comments: