Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Updates from Leslie

Leslie sounds like she is doing really well--she is a trainer already! Here is her letter from this week:

Hey you! It was so good to hear from you! Wow it does sound like some crazy times these last few weeks! A lot going on. I'm so sorry about Discover and the Census place! I can't believe they didn't pay you at all or give you a schedule. So odd!! But that's great about this new job and that it will be from home. That will be a huge blessing being able to stay home with Logan. That is super exciting that Luke will be starting school in August. Last I had heard you weren't positive about him being able to start! Yay! Good luck with that. I hope it goes well. I can't believe only ten more weeks and you'll have a baby! Dah! That's so crazy. Are you still moving soon? Things here are going well. I can't believe it's June the weather here has been pretty nice for the most part. A few days of unbareable humidity, but for the most part not to bad, but it is only the beginning of summer. =( We did have a pretty big storm Saturday night while we were at President Erickson's house and had to go take cover in the basement during the Tornado warning. It touched down but didn't get to close to us which was good. That was my second one! There was I think three that touched down that day! Scary! I don't understand how people live here, and it doesn't even bother them. Odd to me! I agree time goes fast, I can't believe it's June either! We have a couple of new investigators we are working with which is exciting. One is this lady Lynn who is in her 60's and so funny! I love her. She is reading from the Book of Mormon and loving it. We watched the Testaments with her this week and she loved that too. She talked about how it made the Book of Mormon come to life a little bit more and neat to see how the effects of Christ's birth and death did reach all around the world. She is amazing and hopefully we can get her to come to church this next week. She doesn't like dressing up for church however. We talked with her about why we do and the importance of it and she said that made more sense. Another girl we are working with is Kristina. I think I've told you a little bit about her. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation a few weeks ago and she was so excited. She loved that there was a plan so organized and how it shows how merciful and loving our Heavenly Father is. She loved how there are three Kingdoms of Glory in Heaven so that there is a place for everyone. She said she always wondered what if your not good enough to go to Heaven, but not bad enough to go to Hell. She said "now it makes sense!!" So that was exciting. This week we taught her about the Restoration and she was so excited we have a prophet on the earth today. We are going to go over there this week and watch part of General Conference with her when President Monson speaks. She's only 18 so she was asking, "what's his name? What does he look like? How old is he? Does he wear robes like Moses and Jesus?" It was so funny. It was really powerful though. So hopefully that goes well this week! I got a new companion this week too. She is brand new straight from the MTC so I'm training. I kind of feel like the blind leading the blind, but it has been a good experience. A lot of growing already so I can only imagine how much I will learn and grow by the end of this transfer. I am going to be staying in the mission with Nauvoo and so it will be the Des Moines Iowa mission now. I'm so sad this week will be our last Zone Conference with President Erickson. It is going to be so hard. I have really come to love him and appreciate him so much, it will be sad to see him leave. But I know the Mission President in Iowa will be great as well. It will be interesting to see what changes will be made. But time will tell! Anyway, it was so great to hear from you! I love you so much! I hope you have a great week! Love, Leslie

No comments: