Thursday, June 10, 2010
Pack Rat!
My husband is a pack rat! I seriously thought that was a woman thing, but I am wondering if it is just genetic...When we got married we were planning on moving into a basement apartment, and then didn't end up moving there and came to this apartment instead. The weekend we got home from our honeymoon Luke had to be out of his old apartment so in effort to help us, his brothers threw all his stuff in boxes and moved it to the basement. When that didn't work out those same boxes were moved to our apartment, thrown in storage and basically forgotten about for the last year. I don't know if I am in nesting mode already or just trying to get ready for our next move, OR just sick of stuff falling out at me when we need something out of storage... Regardless of the readon why, I made it our project this week to clean the storage. Luke had stuff he had never gone through when he moved out of his parents house four years ago! We ended up having 4 boxes full of trash, 2 for DI and 2 boxes of shredding! This result was only after I convinced him to get rid of things he didn't need- broken wires, cases to games he doesn't even have, clothes he hasn't worn since high school, etc. It honestly became a week long project and was hilarious as we went back and forth over whether to keep things or not, but the good news is our storage is now clean and we are officially de-junked...at least in that area of the apartment...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment