New Years Eve was different this year than ever before. Luke had to work (of course!) so I spent the evening with his family. His dad made clam chowder and bread bowls and we all watched Mama Mia--ending with his sister and I dancing to Abba's "Dancing Queen" Once the movie was over the men settled in to talk about hunting and fishing and us girls went in the other room--Luke's mom pulled out all his school pictures to show and tell me stories-- he still hasn't gotten revenge for that one! We ended the night by watching Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve and toasting with sparkling Cider. This year marks the 150 birthday of the city of South Jordan, and they actually put on a pretty good fireworks display--I was impressed since I thought that was the one thing from Vegas I would miss.
The original plan was for Luke to get off at 11 and come meet me at his parents place, but he got called for a second shift so we decided to celebrate on Vegas time! I left his parents place a little after midnight and headed up to the site he was at-- armed with sparkling cider and champagne glasses! I arrived right at 1 am mountain time and we rang in the new year an hour late. It was kinda funny to be with his family without him there, but gave me a chance to get to know his brothers better!
1 comment:
and,..... it sounds like it was a great New years,... and,.....
Post a Comment