Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Adventures

This year has more than flown by, but has been a great one! I have a list of 101 things I want to do before I die, and this year managed to accomplish quite a few. Here are some of the exciting things I did or saw this year:

Phantom of the Opera-Vegas Spectacular (thanks Les!!)
Disney on Ice-Princess Wishes (3rd row! Thanks Gina!)
Lasik Eye Surgery
Rode a train in Boulder City (I had never riden one before)
Danny Gans (gotta love FREE tickets!)
Making amends with my grandparents after 9 years!
Parasailing in South Carolina
Moving to Utah and getting my own place
Time Out For Women (road trip with Melissa!)
Trick or Treating with Asher and Jaman
Thanksgiving road trip
Christmas early with mom, dad and Leslie staying in my small apartment

Also had some visits from old friends as well. One of the girls I taught on my mission was able to come to Vegas and visit for a week in February, and I was able to go visit a family I taught in July--they have since moved to North Carolina. The end of the year brought on many new adventures and "firsts" with me moving out of state and out on my own, but it all is an adventure. I am thankful for the things I have experienced this year, both good and bad and for the personal growth I have felt. I am excited to begin another year anew and see what it has in store. If 2009 is even half as good to me as 2008 was, I am in for a fun year! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Kenneth said...

Kelly! So I finally got around to adding you to my blogs list... lol. I would always get to it through Keli's... I'm such a slacker. So it sounds like you had a great year. You really did quite a bit. Hope your wish for another good year turns out!

Melissa said...

Hey! Good to know you have a blog! Here's mine!

http://my-lissa.blogspot.com/