Monday, December 28, 2009

Big News, Big Year!

This has been quite the year for us, and our lives have completely changed! We were engaged in January, Married in April, and in December found out we are pregnant!! We had been suspecting it for a few weeks, so Dec 15th I took a pregnancy test that was positive! I was so excited I went in and woke up Luke by kissing him and saying "Good morning Daddy to Be!" he shot straight up out of bed and shouted "REALLY??" I think he almost didn't believe me! It was hard to believe myself and I don't think it hit me for a few days that this was really happening. I have always dreamed of being a mom, but have also been told by several doctors that I would have a hard time getting pregnant. It really came as a surprise, and I was scared I am not going to lie. the next several days I read everything I could get my hands on from parents.com and other sources about naming the baby, and what to expect. I think the fear is more of the unknown, and I hope it's normal! That weekend before we left for Vegas we got to go tell Luke's parents. His mom was so surprised she started crying and hugged me about ten times! His dad didn't believe us at first, but is so excited to be a grandpa again! The next day when we got to Vegas we told my parents as well who were also so excited to be grandparents again. We also got to tell all of my sisters. The first few days that we knew Luke was telling everyone he knew that he was going to be a daddy. We are so excited and hoping for a boy since thats the only name we can agree on! When we got back from Vegas I went to my sister-in-law, Stacy's, house to tell her the news and she ran across the room to hug me screaming the whole time! We made her and his parents promise to keep it secret until Christmas. It came out Christmas eve so now both families are in our news. I am so overwhelmed right now, and have been a bit sick... Saturday we got home from the grocery store and walked by all the smokers-- I have been around smoke my entire life without it bothering me, but this was no so that night---I lost the great meal we had just had. Strong smells just don't mix well with me right now, but I am hoping it won't last much longer. Our first baby doctor appt is January 19th and I will be about 10 weeks!

6 comments:

Kerstin said...

Congrats Kelly! What great news.There is nothing like being a Mom especially for the first time.

Andrea said...

I know I have already said it, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! I am so excited for you and Luke. We love you both and can't wait for your new addition. If you need anything don't hesitate to call :)

Teah said...

YES!!! Congratulations. Hope you feel great.

Theresa said...

congrats kelly! i'm so excited for you...i'm still waiting for it to sink in for me 2. :) i'm so happy for you!

The San Diego Mills said...

Congratulations! Hope that it's a great pregnancy!

Karissa said...

I am so so soooo excited for you guys! Congrats!