Thursday, December 17, 2009

Living Nightmare

To those of you thinking of being sucked into the world of Living Scriptures (AKA Living Nightmares), please think twice! Melissa and I both signed up in September thinking it would be a great thing to have in our homes. However, we have had nothing but problems with the company. The salesman who pitched it to us told us we would NOT be under any contract and could cancel at any time no questions ask. That is a big fat lie!! Melissa even asked twice to clarify--I can cancel at any time--to which the answer came back yes of course! Since then we both have had problems with billing and movies not coming or not coming in the right order. I finally got sick of it--$40/month for one movie is just ridiculous so I called to cancel. I was told it was a contract and unless I was going to pay them $500 for the buyout plan I would have to pay the entire contract. I was livid! I finally got to speak with a supervisor who told me to write a letter detailing what I heard and he would present it to the salesman. I faxed the letter that day and had no response for a MONTH. Finally this week that supervisor called me and said they would cancel the account if I could get a letter from Melissa stating what she heard in the pitch as well. I called Melissa to tell her what I needed her to do, she agreed and I thought the whole battle was over. Ten minutes later, I got another call from the Supervisor. Apparently in that time, Melissa had gotten home and saw she received the wrong movie and called to complain and tried to cancel her account as well, and talked to this same supervisor. He was now refusing to cancel either of our accounts! I was again upset and asked to speak to his supervisor--not only did he refuse to transfer me, but he HUNG UP ON ME!! What kind of customer service or professionalism is that?? From a supervisor?? No way was I about to accept that. I called back and asked the customer support rep for the supervisor of the person I just talked to and apparently he was gone for the day, but I did get his name. I then proceeded to write him a letter stating everything that had happened thus far and how frustrated and disappointed I was with his company. The next day, I received another call from the same supervisor I had been dealing with who said his super had just left his office and they had discussed my account in detail and would be cancelling both mine and Melissa's accounts. I just had to ship back to promo items I received and soon the nightmare would end. I had to get to the supervisors supervisor and argue with the company for TWO months before I was able to cancel what I was told in the beginning was NOT a contract. Never have I dealt with such a shady company. They have such a great product it is too bad they don't have the support to back it up and can't tell the truth about costs up front. If you want these movies in your home my advice is to buy them from Seagull Book or try to find them on E-Bay. Don't get sucked in to a contract with a company that teaches their salesmen to lie in order to gain business.

No comments: