Thursday, December 17, 2009
I Hope They Call Me On a Mission...
Yes, you read that title right. You may be thinking, but Kelly, you have already served a mission? Well, yes, that is true. However my younger sister, Leslie, has not! She turned 21 in September and decided it is now her turn to serve as Sister Freitag (2.0). Leslie received her call last week to Peoria, Illinois and will report to the MTC on February 17, 2010! I am so excited for her, I can hardly express. I have always teased Leslie about following in my footsteps, though this is one thing I didn't think she would follow. Leslie--soon-to-be--Sister Freitag-- has grown into a spiritual giant the last couple of years and I know she will be a blessing to the people in Illinois who are ready and waiting to hear the gospel. It has been fun to tell stories and share excitement of the things to come in mission life. I am also excited to be in the temple with her this weekend as she receives her own endowments. Les has been studying temple prep books and wanting to be there for a long time, and is an example to us all in the strong testimony she has of what takes place there. I will definitely miss emailing her everyday at work and calling or texting just to chat, but I know she will be where the Lord needs her most. Congratulations Leslie--we love you and may not be the best pen pals, but will support you the best we can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment