I will admit it. I am a Black Friday-aholic! It is a day I look forward to all year, every year. Getting up in the wee hours of morning to stand in line and be one of the first people in the store, catch great deals, stand in line for hours to pay for them and make new friends the whole time. What could be better than that?
After getting called crazy many times for wanting to go and reasoning it as "tradition," I was finally able to convince both Luke and our sister-in-law, Stacy, to come and be introduced to the fabulous world of Black Friday Deals. Luke and I were up at 3 am and in line at Walmart shortly after. Stacy met us there and the three of us embarked on our journey. Stacy got a great deal on a gift for Jay (won't reveal just in case he happens to read my blog...don't want to ruin any surprises) and Luke and I got the camera we are after... that is supposed to be a surprise for me for Christmas! lol We picked up a few things for Stacy's kids as well, and Luke and I scored on deals for decorating our apt. While standing in line for the camera, I made "friends" with the couple behind me who said they had been shopping since midnight--that is when South Towne Mall opened here!
We finally got through the line and home by a little after seven, and poor Luke had to work that day! We went back to bed for a few hours before he got up to go to work. After he left Stacy called and wanted to go out again--I think I successfully converted her to the wonders of Black Friday. All in all, it was a successful day, and 92% of my shopping was finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment