Thursday, February 18, 2010
29 Forever
Melissa hit a special number this year as far as ages go, and her friend Jill and I decided it was time to celebrate! We are probably the two WORST liars on earth, but somehow we managed to pull it off. The party was at Boondocks in Draper--they have go karts, mini golf, bumper boats, a kiddie corner, laser tag, an arcade--lots of fun! I told Melissa I wanted to take her to dinner Saturday before her birthday since Luke had to work--she was expecting a quiet dinner with me and the kids, but little did she know all week Jill and I were keeping secrets and flat out lying to her! I had told her there was a diner in Draper I wanted to take her too-a place I had never tried but when she asked where all I could say is I was not exactly sure, but I knew it was around Boondocks. The day of the party as we are driving to Draper I said I wanted to stop at boondocks to get Luke a gift certificate for the go karts for valentine's day--she didn't question it! When we arrived she said she would just wait in the car, but lucky for me Asher said she wanted to go in, and Jaman started getting out so I said she might as well come too. I walked straight for the grill and she quickly informed me that ticket sales were at the other side. I told her we should check the place out and see if they had anything fun since we were there. She was confused and asked if I no longer wanted to eat at the diner when... SURPRISE!!! Jill and some friends popped out and the party began. We had noise makers and a crown and necklace and a sash for the birthday girl along with cake and some other goodies. We enjoyed dinner and then it was time to play! Melissa and Jaman did laser tag while I took the younger kids to kiddie cove--which turned out to be traumatic! My niece Desiree got separated from the other girls and was lost in the maze so her mom climbed up to get her. A few minutes later, we heard screaming and I saw Asher pointing to something. I went up to her and she was shouting that someone was stuck--Quinn--Jill's little girl had gotten her leg caught in part of the jungle gym and couldn't get out so Jill also got to climb in and get her. That was the end of the kiddie cove for those girls! We returned to the birthday room and unsure if we could light candles thought we would just light one. I have the worst luck with matches and tonight was no different-- I tried to light it and as it sparked it broke and luckily landed on the cake not starting a fire! After that we just pretended to have her blow out candles! All in all I would say the party was a success, and Melissa has officially reached "Forever 29"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment