Moving to Utah for me was a huge gamble. I moved here on a whim to work for a company in the middle of bankruptcy. In June a year later when the bankruptcy had been settled, I thought I was in the clear. Six months later in December, our family-oriented company was bought by new investors, and every since the family friendly feeling has disappeared and been replaced by a tension in the air so thick you could cut it with a knife. Earlier this month our CEO stood up in a company wide meeting saying we were in trouble and lay offs were coming, and to use company time to start looking for a new job. You know when that happens trouble is brewing. I went to the temple and had the feeling to wait things out, but today the bomb dropped, and half the company was laid off, myself included.
I guess just as in gambling, you win some and you lose some. Phonex has been a great ride, and there have been many other things that have come from my adventure in Salt Lake--like meeting my wonderful husband! If anyone knows of any good companies hiring, please let me know!
4 comments:
I'm sorry about your job Kelly, that's a real bummer. If I may say so, it sounds like in the long run moving to Utah was a fantastic gamble because it's brought you so much love and happiness. I think you've done a pretty wonderful job at trying to follow the promptings you've had. Hopefully this too will turn out for the best!
There will be plenty of jobs in our lives! But only one eternal family! By moving to Utah you got your eternal family! I would say you won the bid.
i'd say you won too! what do you do? what kind of job?
I'm so sorry about your job! But you did win the gamble, you found the best thing ever. Remember that. I've never commented, but i usually read your blog. i hope that is ok. :)
Post a Comment