Logan's first week home was an adventure. We had a lot of learning experiences, lots of company and no sleep! We were VERY thankful to have my mom and dad staying here with us. They left the hospital before us and came to our apartment and cleaned and made us dinner. They helped so much that week with not only cooking, and cleaning, but teaching us about being parents and mom even took a night shift for me so I could get some sleep! Words can not describe how thankful we were for the help and teaching! Nobody really talks about what to expect that first week home, and it was an adventure for sure! The big struggle for me was getting Logan to eat. I decided a long time ago I wanted to breastfeed. In the hospital though we couldn't get him to eat at all whether it was formula or my milk. He had a weird suck patter where he would put his toungue to the roof of his mouth and spit everything out. We were very grateful for a dedicated nurse who worked with him and taught him how to suck. We had to feed him formula the first few days until my milk came in and even then we had to use a syringe for a little while to get him to swallow. It was a battle that week and sometimes I wanted to cry, but I am glad to say we stuck with it and now he eats like a champ. Other than eating, that week was amazing. I never imagined loving someone so little so much and so quickly! I wanted to stare at him all day. We are lucky he is not a fussy baby and he is not one to spit up all the time either. And if I may be the proud mom for a minute--he is stinkin cute! Not that I am bias or anything...
first bath
1 comment:
ahhh Congratulations Kelly! He is so beautiful!
Post a Comment