Asher had so many questions while I was pregnant, why should it change now that the baby is here? She is so curious and it is fun to watch and answer her questions. The first week Logan was home Melissa brought the kids over to meet him and she was so excited to hold him, but wanted help so each of us took turns sitting with her while holding him. The first time she came I was still learning to nurse so I took Logan in the bedroom to feed him and Asher followed me and climbed up in bed to snuggle with us. This is how the conversation went:
Asher: What are you doing, Kelly?
Kelly: Feeding the baby
Asher: What are you feeding him?
Kelly: Milk
Asher: Doesn't he like apple juice?
Kelly: Nope, just milk right now
Asher: Well, then why are you doing it that way when you have normal milk in the fridge?
Kelly: Feeding the baby
Asher: What are you feeding him?
Kelly: Milk
Asher: Doesn't he like apple juice?
Kelly: Nope, just milk right now
Asher: Well, then why are you doing it that way when you have normal milk in the fridge?
and:
Asher: How did the milk get there Kelly?
Kelly: Heavenly Father puts it there for new mommies to feed their babies
Asher: Will I have milk there someday?
Kelly: you will when you are a mommy
Asher: But who will be my baby?
A few weeks later we went to visit at her house and Asher was very helpful. She wanted to help change his diaper and she was talking nonstop--it was: Kelly, I will roll out his mat-here is a wipey-do you need another one?-here is his new diaper-I will open it for you--kelly why is he crying? does he need his paci? do you want me to get it for him? Is he hungry? does he need more milk? I can get him his bwankie.
She is so fun and adorable with him--a great older cousin for sure!
She is so fun and adorable with him--a great older cousin for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment