Thursday, August 21, 2008

Friends!

I have THE best friends. 

My sister is quite sneaky. She can never keep a secret from me, but when she found out I was leaving she immediately started planning a party! Tonight I was told would be just us--as our last sisters night with me in town. I was so excited all day! We went tonight and got pedicures (which I must say has to be on the top ten list of best things this world has to offer!!) Then we went to TGI Friday's for dinner. We talked and caught up and it was great fun. When we got home she went a different way than she normally does, but I didn't think anything of it. We had decided tonight to watch girly movies and swap CD's and I was excited to do just that--and put on PJ's and eat Ice cream!! When we pulled up I thought it was a little weird the lights were off-- I knew I had turned them on when we left the house. She opened the door, and as I walked in someone grabbed me and I let out a shriek only dogs could hear I am sure it was so high pitched. Worse than my roller coaster scream!! I thought I was getting robbed... until I realized it was her boyfriend. I asked him what he was doing there and how he got in our house, when I realized others were there too-- they all yelled surprise!! They were throwing me a surprise farewell party!! I looked around at the streamers all over the house, and half my ward friends standing in my living room and started to cry! I didn't realize I had so many friends! It was fun to see everyone and have my moments to say good bye. The mama's as I like to call them (the bishopric's wives) bought me a table cloth--we have had a joke for awhile you can't be a good relief society president and NOT have one so they sent me on my way with them! ha ha.

I have been truly blessed with friends, and a GREAT ward that I love, and that loves and cares about me. When they found out about the move all I have heard since is "what can we do to help??" My Utah ward will have a tough act to follow!! I am really grateful for great friends in my life, and though I am so excited for opportunities awaiting me at this new adventure in my life, I am sad to leave these behind. 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am glad the party went well but I am also glad that you will be up here soon!!!