Yesterday Melissa, Asher and I went to the "What women want Expo" in Sandy. It was a room full of people giving out samples and doing drawings for free make up, massages, tupperware, recipes, ect. I won a book with recipes, a dieting tips book and $40 in free mary kay product as well as a free eyebrow waxing! Asher loved it since she got candy at almost every table! We even took pictures in a photo booth!
This one is my favorite!
Last night was the General Relief Society Meeting as well and this year I was lucky enough to get tickets to be in the conference center! I went with my friend Liz and we were both excited since we don't know how often how often in our lives we will have that opportunity. The site was amazing--the conference center was full-21,000 women of all ages! The spirit in the meeting was amazing. After we continued girls night by meeting friends who were also at the conference for dinner at Z tezas. Luckily, not many of the other women had that idea-- all the other restaurants in the area were packed, but not this one!
Also this weekend, my cousin Wendy was in town from Vegas. So today after church we ran up to Ogden to see the Grandparents. I am really excited to be so much closer to them since I have not known them much throughout my life. Grandma is in pretty poor shape. At one point she grabbed my hand and asked me how long I had known Sid (my grandpa) and told me he was quite a catch. Then she asked if I lived at the house we were at and that she had to get going because her family was going to start missing her. Yes, Grandma, we miss you, but it is sure good to spend time with you now even if you don't know who we are. I made a promise to myself that my kids will have a relationship with their grandparents before "papa" and "gandma" are too old to know them when they visit.

2 comments:
I don't know what happened to my pictures! I need to get copies from you!!
I am so glad that you went to see my Mom and Dad. That means a lot to me, and yes your kids will know us!
Post a Comment