Monday, September 22, 2008

Vegas Time!

This past weekend I went Home to Vegas with my older sister. We had so much fun on the way down blasting our music as if we were teenagers again... and we were reminiscing about high school so it was fitting! We pulled into our parents house about midnight to us and felt bad because they wanted to talk to  us, and we just wanted to go to bed... and our ears were ringing for some weird reason ha ha! Friday was a great day! we got to relax and hang out, I went to lunch with a friend from high school and then we went to the temple as a family to do sealings for family names. We have heard these names our whole lives and finally got to do the highest work possible for them, and be together as a family doing it. It was a great way to start a weekend. That night melissa, me, leslie and mom went to Time Out for Women. We have had tickets since February, but it was the same weekend as President Hinckley's funeral so it got post poned. Well worth the wait! That night we heard from Hilary Weeks (who I have loved for awhile and even more in person! she is so funny!) and also the Nashville Tribute band that I love! They do a tribute to Joseph Smith and also the pioneers. They did songs from both CD"s and told stories about how the songs came to be. The lead singer served his mission in Vegas too so he was way excited to be there. Saturday Leslie had to work so Lauren came with us and we heard from Virginia Hinckley Pearce on the power of prayer, and Pam Hanson on liking what you see in the mirror, Amanda Dickson on how to deal with a messy life, and two other speakers whose names have escaped me at the moment. It was a long day, but gave me lots of things to think about and work on. 

The weekend prior was Leslie's 20th birthday--yay!! no longer a teenager!!  For my birthday this year she took me to see Phantom Las Vegas, so now it was my turn to treat her to a show, and her pick was Jersey Boys. This is the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and how they came to be famous. It was great music and interesting to see all they went through. Just be careful of the "authentic Jersey language" should you see the show!

It was a busy weekend, but come Sunday I was ready to head back to my new home. Always good to see the family, but even though I have lived there nearly my whole life (and only been in Utah a month!) Vegas didn't feel like home any more. Maybe another sign that I am where I need to be at this point in my life!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah! that was so much fun! I loved to feel so young again with our music blaring, singing the words we think are right to the songs and just having F-U-N!!