Sunday, September 14, 2008
Vegas Migraters...
This has been a long week and I have not had much time to blog! But, it has been exciting nonetheless. I have been here three weeks now and am starting to discover more friends I knew in Vegas that have moved here as well! Last weekend I was able to go to dinner with Jamie Gardner who was in my ward back home and now lives in Sugarhouse (her roommates are also from Vegas!). That was great because I still don't know a lot of people here and she showed me around Salt Lake. I had a little bout of homesickness too and she was able to help me through that. I also was able to hang out this weekend with my friend Holly who made me start thinking about moving here in the first place! We went to a Kareoke bar... ok that's not true... we are in Utah.. so it was a kareoke... center? I don't know, but it was fun! She even got me on the stage! We went with some of her old friends from Vegas that now live in Midvale. While there, we ran into Paul Pederson--my piano teachers' son that also dated my sister years ago! Small world! He and his wife now reside in Pleasant Grove. Tuesday night I was up at the U for an institute class and was supposed to meet Jamie again, but there were about 200 people there so I didn't run into her, but I did run into my friend Emily, also from Las Vegas. She is now in North Salt Lake. And lastly, today when I went to conference it was with Shayler, who I also know from Vegas. Oh, and I can't forget my sister is here too! There are others I know are here, but I just haven't run into them yet, but it sure is fun to know that I am not the only one who has migrated to "the motherland."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wait,.. which is the motherland? vegas or here? ,... so when are you going to run into me? true,.. I've been a little preoccupied. but we'll have to do something sometime,.. next time you are in the provo area we'll have to go get a frozen yogurt or something,.. just because I want one.
I guess we all have to end up here at some point or another...
Post a Comment