Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dan & Charly's Halloween Wedding

As I mentioned in my last post, Luke's cousin got married on the 16th of October, and it really was a Halloween themed wedding, and everyone really did come in costume. For those of you who read my summer is gone post, I was outbid at the last minute on Batgirl and Joker so we settled for going as Darth Vader and Padme. This was quite ironic since I have never really seen Star Wars and didn't know who she was when Luke mentioned it. The costumes, however, were a hit! I am still meeting some of his family and it is not to a point where many of them recognize me yet so nobody really knew who we were since Luke had his mask on. We lit up the light sabers as we walked in and had everyones attention. The funny thing was we couldn't find the breathing machine as it had fallen down Luke's leg so it kept going off during the ceremony! I guess that's what you get for having a Halloween wedding!

The ceremony was cute--the bride and groom dressed in normal attire--he even had a top hat and cane! She could not stop giggling through the whole ceremony and you could tell they are very happy together. After the wedding we went to dinner with some of Luke's family--we got some great reactions as we were sitll in costume. Luke's little nephew wouldn't come near him when he was in his mask, but other little kids were delighted as he waved to them.

As some of you may remember we dropped our camera on our honeymoon so the only pictures we are taking are from Luke's phone and have had a hard time uploading them to a computer so I will have to post them later. I have a hunch though that I will be getting a video camera that also takes still pictures for Christmas... Just a hunch though!

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

You better. Pics or it didn't happen!