Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Job Updates

We have both been looking for second jobs to earn extra money for the Holidays and to help us get out of debt. There have been some stumbling blocks and we have good and bad news:

Good News: Luke got hired at Extend Health for seasonal employment
Bad News: He was never able to get his Insurance license

Good News: I got hired at H&R Block
Bad News: I am unable to attend the training as it is during my current work hours, and can't take the job

Good News: Luke applied for a job with the DMV that has awesome benefits and hours
Bad New: We never heard back... (Our hope is they are still going through their massive pile of applicantions to select finalists...)

Good News: I had an interview to be a part-time writer with the Valley Journals
Bad News: They picked someone with more newspaper experience (I ask the age old question--how am I to get experience if nobody will hire me? If anyone knows the real answer--please speak up!)

SO after all that... we are both working the same jobs. The final bits of good news are as follows:

Good News: Luke's family is starting their own insurance business and has asked me to get my license and assist them with marketing/advertising (if anyone needs insurance I am your girl!...or I will be as soon as I get my license!)

Good News: Luke signed on with Mona Vie as an independent distributor. (If anyone is looking to lead a healthier life...my husband is your guy!)

I am still learning that when one door closes, another one opens. We are hoping our new opportunities will keep us busy and help us achieve our goals!

No comments: