Tuesday, November 3, 2009
New Calling
I got a calling in our new ward--any guesses? If you said Relief Society (since I have been serving there since I was 18) Guess again! My first NON-RS calling is to be the Secretary in Primary! This is a little intimidating as I have not been in primary since I turned 12, and our wards is quite large. I will be teaching sharing time once a month, and am actually really excited! When the Bishops couselor called me he asked if we had kids or if we were pregnant--to which we answered no to both questions (in case you were wondering!)-- and then he said this will help you deicde if you want them or not, and prepare you if you do! So I am thinking oh my gosh we are going to be in nursery?? There are like 1000 babies in our ward! Don't panic--stay calm!!But, then he said we want you to be in Young Womens. I was not sure the connection there for a minute between young women and preparing for kids... teenagers maybe? Did he think we were going to adopt? or be foster parents? I guess he could see the confusion on my face and he looked down at his paper and said... I just told you the wrong calling! We want you in primary! It was a funny moment--a little overwhelming, but I am truly excited. I love RS, but I am ready for a new challenge. We have our first meeting tonight and then I will be a little more calm...maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you have to do sharing time once a month? serious? when I was secretary I didn't have to do sharing time ever. Secretary is a BIG job and I don't know how you'd have the time during primary to give it honestly. strange. I loved being secretary though. It was a pretty good calling for me. lots of organizing,.. not a big fan of handing out talks and stuff but yeah. it was fun.
Post a Comment