Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rantings of a Renter

Today I came home to find a nasty note on our door from management saying we were late on our rent. I know this is a fallacy as I dropped the payment off myself the day it was due. I even checked our bank, and guess what? Magically--the check has even cleared the bank! I plan on having a lengthy conversation with management in the morning. I am over this complex and if I had my way we would be out of here--breaking our lease and not having to pay for it! The Management talks out of both sides of their mouth and can't get their stories straight, and don't even get me started on the "we-don't-speak-english" and are probably illegal immigrant maintenance workers! They try to make me feel like an imbecile when half the time they don't even know what I am talking about. I think this just goes to show you get what you pay for. I wish I could snap my fingers and get us in our own house where we don't have to deal with maintenance because we ARE maintenance, we don't have to deal with property management telling us one thing and doing another, and we don't have to deal with hearing neighbors alarm clocks going off through the walls for FOUR hours starting at FOUR AM! oh yes, none of this is an exaggeration. Isn't renting such a grand experience? I know one day I will look back on all this and laugh, but I wish that day would be sooner than later!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

yes. we hated renting,.. but it would have been nice if we'd saved up a little before buying. or at least paid off a couple cars first.