Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mommy for a weekend..

Last weekend Melissa and Curry went out of town for a fundraiser for Signs of Hope. They were gone for four days, and shuffled the kids between Kylar, Brad & Andrea, and myself. i got to spend two whole days with the kids and loved it! They are such good kids and we had lots of fun! Saturday I took them to the Children's Discovery Museum in Salt Lake, and we had a blast. We  met my friend Emma and her little cousin Jordan and the five of us played for a few hours. Asher loved playing with the ball contraption and driving the cars. Jaman climbed the rock wall and went shopping at the grocery store. After the museum we all went to McDonald's for dinner. It was a fun day. When I got there that morning Brad and Andrea told me Jaman got excited when he found out I was coming, and asked if I was bringing gifts--and to his expectations I showed up with doughnuts! He loved it! Jaman was very creative and making stuff all weekend, and Asher watched Bambi and Bug's life a few times. She also slept with me most of Saturday night! So fun to wake up to her kissing my face and saying "good morning Kyee" I laughed and she said "open eyes Kyee!!"  

By Sunday the kids were so tired and ready to have mom and dad home that they were very clingy. Jaman had a hard time paying attention in church and at one point told Michele (his translator) and I to stay there as he walked into the foyer. We gave him a minute and then went to check on him and he was sprawled out on the couch in the lobby. He did better in Primary, but it was pretty funny. By the end of Sunday night, I was exhausted. They may only be kids, but they wore me out. I have a new respect for my sister and now understand why she goes to bed so early! I love you Melissa!


Jaman playing in the Balls
Asher with the balls--the tube blew the balls up to another location--every time she opened it her hair went crazy and she would squeal--so cute!!
Driving in the car together


2 comments:

Theresa said...

where is Jaman from that he needs a translator and is he Melissa's? or is he foster care? are they adopting him? They are cuties. I'm jealous you got to go to the discovery museum. I need some kids so I can have an excuse to go.

Melissa said...

Thanks for watching the kids for us. They had lots of fun!