Well, it's official! As of noon today (MST) I am a Utahn. I registered my car and switched my license today--what an adventure!! Poor Sally was put through the run around. Utah requires an emissions and safety check every two years. I went this morning to have that done before heading off to the DMV, but to my surprise I FAILED the safety inspection! The reason... my window tint was TOO DARK (lame!!). So,the shop referred me to a tint shop and since I don't have the money today to get it re-done to Utah standards I had to have it scrapped off. Then went back to the original shop to have the test re-done. That whole process took two hours. Then, I went to the DMV. Luckily it is a newer one that I found, and they were pretty fast. I waited literally five minutes before being called up for my plates, and was called right away for my license. I had to take a written test and I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit nervous, but I got a 96% which I think is better than I did on my original test when I got my license. It made for a long morning, but now things are official-- I am one step closer.
One last look at my Nevada Plates


4 comments:
You're official! Yeah!!
Hey there Kelly, good to hear from you! That's cool that you're living in Utah. I had a lot of fun living there. Kind of a culture shock for me at first with how many LDS people there are there, but really fun! Addy will be a year old in about a week, very crazy! We're all doing well and liking San Diego, especially the lovely weather. Hope all is well!
So you did get one of those new ugly Utah plates. So sad to see the Nevada ones go!
ah,.. sad. Stacey actually got a ticket for having too dark of tint on her windows around here I think. If she didn't get a ticket she at least got a warning. I don't get what the big deal is. as long as your front windows aren't tinted.
Post a Comment