Monday, July 12, 2010

Jobs...

My job history has not been very steady since I was laid off in February! I was on unemployment for a few months--which I actually really enjoyed! lol- but in May I started at Discover Card. I was excited in the beginning, but as time went on there was more and more pressure to be a sales person, and that is just not me. I even got written up for taking too many bathroom breaks. They knew I am pregnant! The more days went by the more uncomfortable I got there and stressed every day about going to work and what trouble I would get into then. So I quit, a month later!

I also had an opportunity to work on the census project as a temp position. I went through the training weekend and got paid, but after that I realized what a joke! I went in and talked to several people and called a few times, and could not get them to give me a schedule! So, after training I didn't end up working there at all...

Two weeks later I had already found a new job at Teleperformance--a call center doing technical support for Verizon. Training is six weeks long (in Lindon) and then it is an at home job. I was really excited about that opportunity. We train on three different systems for two weeks each, and then test on them. If you don't pass the test the first time you have a day to retest and if you still don't pass... you are let go. The first test I was nervous about. It also fell on the day after grandma passed away so I was a mess.. on top of being pregnant and hormonal. I took the test and left not knowing my results. My trainer text me later and left me know I had passed so I was relieved--I actually even ended up with the highest score in the class! The next topic they started studying the day of the funeral (which I had off for bereavement) and I missed a lot of information. Those two weeks were stressful as I was behind from missing so much. Test day #2 came along, and out of 16 people in the class... ONE person passed (not me!). Re-test day was the day Luke and I were supposed to be leaving to go down to Vegas for a baby shower, but since I had to retest we didn't get to leave until later. When it was time to start the test, nobody could log in to the computers so we started a lot later that we were supposed to. As if we weren't stressed enough... this test turned out to be easier than the first one, and as soon as I was done I left again not knowing my results. My friend from class called me later and this time only 5 people passed! Luckily, this time I was one of them. There are now 6 people left in our class that started out with 20! This is our last week of training and testing again starts on Thursday so hopefully we will get through it so I can be able to work at home and be home with the baby.

No comments: