Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving in Vegas


Thanksgiving this year made me more grateful for my family than ever before. They say "absence makes the heart grow fonder" well I don't think that only relates to romantic relationships. I am also glad for an understanding boss who let me take almost the full week of Thanksgiving off so I could be with my family. I was able to spend a little time with everyone. Mom and I went shopping and she helped me on a new sewing project, Leslie took me for more shopping and was my date to the Bellagio, I spent one night at Lauren's house so we could play too, and dad even took me to see the Fab Four--A Beatles tribute band. The whole week went by way too quickly, but it was fun to be "home" for awhile. As much as I have loved the adventures of being on my own the last couple months, it is still nice to spend time with my family when the opportunities arise. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, but Mom, Dad, Melissa, Lauren, and Leslie top the list. 


2 comments:

Theresa said...

jealous! but I'm going home for a couple days right before christmas so i'll be there soon enough.

Kelly said...

it's a lot warmer there than here!