Sunday, June 7, 2009

25th birthday madness!

So I am a little behind on blogging... but now I have the pictures to go with my posts. Luke had a birthday shortly after we got married--25!! That called for a celebration! I spoiled him rotten! I forgot something I needed and he was off that day so he brought it to me at work which is where he got his first gift of the day-- a beta fish! The story here is that he wanted them as table decorations at our reception, and all of the women shot him down. SO, he still got one...just a few weeks later! The newest member of our family is George, and he likes to hide from us except at feeding time! 

Luke was working nights at the time so the night before I stayed up late and decorated the apartment with happy birthday stuff. I had some caution tape that says birthday zone and off limits all over it so i taped it across our front door so that when he came in it would be all decorated. He got home from work at 7am as I was getting ready to leave and asked what I had done--He loved it! I got off work early that day and came home for more surprises. He wanted a Twix cake so I improvised and made a cake with caramel in the center and then frosted it and put mini twix all around the edges.  We were having a party that night so I also made cupcakes--it was supposed to be a car party (which didn't exactly happen) but I put oreos with a white lifesaver in the middle of them on top of the cupcakes to look like old white walled tires. I had a little fun! 
white walled tire cupcakes




the twix cake, and George (the newest member of our family!)

When I got home and woke him up it was time for presents! Luke hasn't had a new suit in forever so I found a great deal and surprised him! He also got a portable DVD player, and a new taillight for his car ( he has been wanting one since we started dating and I got a FABULOUS deal on EBay. My mother taught me how to shop!)

this picture is funny cause it makes him look like he has a fro with the shadows in the background
That night we had family and friends over for the party. We had a lot of fun. Our nieces were a highlight of the party--they both LOVED the noisemakers and party hats and chased each other around all night. 

Asher with chocolate all over her face, and favorite new toys in hand
Asher and Desiree
All in all it was a great day, and our first birthday as a married couple! Funny, mine we got engaged and when his came we had been married for two weeks! 

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I love the beta fish for your wedding reception idea,.. that would have been awesome! the only problem would have been what to do with all those betas afterwards. can't stick them in the same tank,... also,..I think they regulate how many betas you can buy at once to prevent people from buying them for fighting. etc. etc. but it would have been awesome!

Andrea said...

What an awesome little wifie you are!!! I bet he loves every minute of you spoiling him!!