Also, as of June 9 my company will be officially emerging from chapter 11 bankruptcy! They had actually filed last July before I even started, but things went very smoothly, and we are coming out a very clean company. We have had many parties the last week to celebrate. We also just completed a very fun wellness program that as we all finished better than expected lead to bonuses! I am very happy at this company and am so glad I followed the spirit to move here. My life has completely changed in the last year. I moved to a state where I didn't have any friends to work for a company that was in bankruptcy, I moved in to my own apartment for the first time, and ended up finding the love of my life and getting married. I am so thankful for the ways that the Lord proves he knows and loves each of his children. There is only one thing more that would mean my life had changed in every aspect in a year, but we are not quite ready to be parents just yet!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Random...
SO the last couple weeks have been very busy for us as we continue to adjust to married life. We have been very busy! Luke's security job has given us some hassles, but FINALLY put him on a steady schedule which has been so nice! He now has Thursday and Fridays off so we actually get one weekend night together, and most of Saturday morning as well as getting to go to church together. That has been a blessing. He has also been hired on with Extend Health to sell Health insurance. That will not start until August so he has all summer to attend classes that will prepare him to take the test for his license, and then actually take the class. Once he is settled in and fully trained in insurance he can quit security forever--HALLELUJAH!! We are so happy. ALso in August we will be moving into a house. We will be renting the basement portion, and Luke's brother and cousin will live in the upstairs. We are very excited to be in a bigger space for less rent. The landlord has given us permission to paint so we will be able to make it our home. We will also be right around the corner from his parents which we are very excited about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yeah it's like I told my soon to be sister in law,.. moving away from your family and getting married are enough changes for one year. :) it's hard enough adjusting to those without throwing babies into the mix the first year too! :) Hopefully you get some time together just the two of you before the blessings start coming. :) but either way you'll love what life throws at you.
AMEN! ha ha ha... soon to be sister in law--which brother is getting married?
Dan's brother Brian. You won't know him. :)
It is amazing what the Lord can do when we are willing to listen isn't it???? I am so very happy that you have had such an eventful, happy year!! I can't wait for you guys to have babies!! I know you will make such a wonderful mother!! Love you girlie!!!
Post a Comment