Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Challenges and Cravings
Luke and I struck up a deal this month. We are both trying to eat more healthy so we gave each other challenges to help overcome bad habits. I challenged him to stop drinking soda for a month, and he challenged me to not eat ANY chocolate for a month! Today is day 16, and we are both doing well. Luke has lost 7 lbs already, and chocolate is not looking as tempting any more! Even when the office had treats all week to celebrate being out of bankruptcy--chocolate cake, eclairs, brownies, chocolate doughnuts... oh yeah---I resisted them all!! Saturday we were shopping at Target and they have samples in the super stores now. As soon as we walked in the first sample was new flavors or Mountain Dew and I laughed and said ha ha ha you can't have any! But, guess what--the next sample was ice cream--my other weakeness and both flavors put out to sample had chocolate. Luke picked up a sample and waved it in my face-MMMM Chocolate! But I was good and resisted. We bought popcicles instead :) July 9 is what we are shooting for and if we both live up to it we get a special prize!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
congratulations to you both for the will power!
Good Luck!! I am so proud of you for making it 16 days without eating chocolate!! Love ya lady!! Hope to see you on the 4th!!!
Yeah good for you. I was crazy and did the same kind of things with Kevin when we were newly married. We went without candy for a year.(Except on my birthday and valentine's day)With a little time it will get better to stay away. I'll never do it again though. :)
Post a Comment