My parents were in town this weekend for Asher's birthday, but we were also able to celebrate Father's Day and my dad's birthday just a little late. Friday when I got off work everyone came and met me at my apartment. The kids get bored pretty easy at my house since we dont have any toys, but this time they were hilarious! Asher has discovered a new love for Luke's supersoaker and wants to spray it off the balcony every time she comes over! She will come in and maybe give me a hug then run straight for the balcony and tell me to fill the gun! She will then spray it through each slat on the balcony and try to hit the trees, and the house. That alone could entertain her for hours. Jaman usually comes in and signs to his "friends" meaning he is bored, but this time, he came dancing into the apartment, gave me a hug and wanted to dance around! I had just received a package and inside were the packing peanuts--he was fascinated by them. He threw them up in the air and when they landed would roll around in them! So as he was rolling in a handful I went over and dumped the box on him and he LOVED it! He threw it up and palyed in it as if it was snow. Asher is also learning Ring around the Rosie, and papa taught her duck, duck, goose. Then, she came up with "cows in the cornfields" out of nowhere and had us all cracking up! I am so glad the kids were entertained easily, I just wish I would have had a video camera!
That night we all went to the Mayan for dinner. This is a Mexican restaurant that is set up like Mayan ruins. They even have cliff divers as entertainment! They just got a new chef and changed their whole menu and the whole experience is fun now! As we came out it had been raining, and we saw not only ONE, but TWO FULL rainbows across the mountains! It was beautiful, and everyone was in awe and getting out cameras. After dinner Luke and I took dad to see "James Blonde" at Desert Star Theater. This is a parody theater in Murray that is hilarious! The full title of the show was "James Blonde, Agent 7-11, case of Casino REAL" as you can see a lot of it is a play on words--one of my favorite quotes "Agent 7-11 is all about convenience!" The whole play adds in local humor and some mormon humor-- when they are talking about Blonde's mission the piano player started playing "I hope they call me on a mission" and the supervisor says "I am going to fire you and hire a catholic!" They also make references to most Bond movies, and when they miss their lines--the improv is on the spot and funny. One of the guys was wearing false teeth and having a hard time keeping them in--at one point they fall out and as he puts them back in he says "thats the last time I buy the Wal-Mart brand of Polygrip!" Anyone who needs a good laugh should go see this show!
1 comment:
Thanks for everything Kelly we had a great weekend.
Post a Comment