Sunday, June 1, 2008

A day in the life of... or Mi Vida Loca!!


This weekend was kinda crazy... or actually just yesterday was crazy! I started the morning off at Ethan Lukow's baptism. I can't believe he is eight! It was even his birthday--such a little miniature of his dad!

After the baptism I was off to a bridal shower for my friend and former relief society president, Heather Witt. It was fun to see old friends that have moved on in their lives as well as my fifth grade teacher  who happens to be friends of the grooms family! She was shocked that I was not twelve any more, but we had fun catching up!

After one shower I was on to another--Michelle Grondel (I don't know her married name, she will always be a Grondel to me!) is having a baby next month I think? She is cute and very pregnant with a boy. 

Wait, the fun is not over yet--this is just half of the day! After the second shower, it was off to a wedding reception for Nate Henry and Rachel Rhoads, both members of my ward, and my former Visiting Teaching Companion. The reception was nice and laid back-- the bride and groom were both in flip flops with their groomsmen in khaki shorts, flips flops and polos, and the girls in summer dresses with flip flops. Rachel always wanted a reception on the beach and this is as close as she could get. 

After the reception was a single adult activity featuring a concert performed by Kalai--a mormon artist. It was acoustic guitar, and lots of people in the middle of a park. Pretty laid back. It seemed like a good turnout, but I never made it past the entrance as I got engaged in conversation with an old friend! Funny how that happens. 

All in all it was a good day--long, but fun. I went through all stages of life--a baptism, a singles activity, a bridal shower, a wedding reception, and a baby shower all in one day!! I meant to get pictures of it all to document that I am not just making stuff up, but my camera was acting up, so attached are the few I did get. That is one good thing about this blog however, it will encourage me to take more pictures!






2 comments:

Andrea said...

You are quite the busy girl!! I am glad you are blogging so I can keep up with you!! I am glad we get to go to the temple thursday, I miss hanging out with you :) Much love.

Melissa said...

You were so busy!! I can't believe Michelle's having a baby. That's weird.