Leslie and I went to a YSA conference workshop last year on goals where the teacher challenged us to write a list of 101 things we want to accomplish before we die (Not as easy as it may sound!! I finished mine after a week of racking my brain!!) On both of our lists we wanted to ride a train. After some searching of how this would be possible (other than driving to Heber City, Utah to ride the Heber Creeper, which someday might still be fun!!) We discovered that Boulder City has a train museum!! So today we drove out there and took pictures with some of the old trains and even went on a 7-mile (45 minutes!!) train ride through Boulder City! The train has been restored and has air conditioned cars (good thing since it was 107 today!!), and even functions as a reception/meeting hall in the dining car!! ha ha--can you image having your wedding reception on a train? Points for originality at least! Here are some pictures from our adventure:



As if that were not enough adventure for one day, I also got FREE tickets to go see Danny Gans tonight at the Mirage. He is a hilarious impersonator whom I have wanted to see since high school, and we had a blast at his show. He did impressions of everyone from Bill Clinton to Michael Jackson, Johnny Carson to Garth Brooks!! He had a few tricks--costumes and all! Anyone who is interested in FREE Vegas shows, and doesn't mind A LOT of emails everyday should register at www.showtickets4locals.com. Some of the offers are 2 for 1's and some are free, some are lame. There are a lot of emails, but if you get the tickets it is a good deal (Danny is running $100 a piece and we got 2 tickets FREE just for being locals!!!) Here is me with Danny.
2 comments:
I thought the sign said don't touch! Cute pictures, so how many things do you still have on your list?
Looks like fun! Good job on the Danny Gans tickets. I liked him!
Post a Comment