This weekend in the life of Kelly... ha ha... I ran up to Utah for the weekend to play. I have been so busy at work and with Relief Society that I decided that I owe it to myself to take some time to play. Plus I have a friend that really wants me to move there (Even went through the trouble of finding me another treatment facility that is hiring for marketing and sent me a link to BYU's MBA program!)
So Friday I left straight from work and headed up. Holly and I went to a party Friday night and then stayed up til about 2 catching up. Saturday morning we got up and went to Alpine to hang with Melissa and Curry and the kids. Holly and I got a kick out of Asher playing with Burt the goat! She is growing so fast and talking so much. Burt would jump up on her and she would say "No Burt, Go home Burt" Then we jumped on the trampoline where she got an "owie" on her finger. So she came "Kyee--owie! Kiss Kyee!" then "I want bad-aid!" so we went inside and Melissa asked where the owie was and she pointed to her foot. Silly girl! Here is a pic of her in burt's pen!!


We all went to IKEA for my first time, and that store is AMAZING!! And has great meatballs! Here is Holly on her favorite couch in the store
Later Holly took me to the BYU Creamery and we hung out with her roomies and neighbors. Holly wanted to go to the temple and I didn't have my recommend with me so while she went I hung out with my friend Joe (the elder from my mission I hung out with a few weeks ago in Utah). We went to dinner (writing this is making me seem like all i do is eat!!) and then to see Prom Night. This may surprise those of you who know me well because I don't do scary movies, and on the RARE occasion that I do I usually end up wearing popcorn! ha ha... At an intense point in this movie I grabbed his knee with the death grip and yelled "I don't like this movie!!" as I am burying my head in his shoulder... Of course he was laughing at me since he had seen the movie already! Later, his friends asked what I thought of the movie and I told them I was totally freaking out and Joe says "Yeah--I have the bruises to prove it!" ha ha... that's what you get for taking me to scary movies!!
Sunday I got to go and experience a BYU ward. Totally not what I thought it would be. They were so friendly and most of the girls are RM's which was cool. Then Joe and I went to visit our mission president and his wife. We ended up talking with them for two hours! It was so fun to see them and catch up on old missionary friends and companions. They are such an amazing couple, we were so blessed to have them in our lives. That night I literally FLEW home and made it in a little over four hours. So it was fast trip (literally!), but so fun to "escape" responsibility here and just play!

3 comments:
awesome! I'm glad you liked the BYU ward. Honestly, not all of them are filled with RM girls, haha. but you must be in a good area that will suit your demographic because I've found that BYU can cater to anyone's needs if you only know which area of campus to live in that will suit you. :) haha. I hope you decide to come because I think you would really enjoy it. Gasp,.. shock,... I know. sometimes it really amazes me the prejudices some of my friends have about byu hahaha,.. (not talking about you necessarily, but) I have other friends who are extremely biased and I just never understand why. :) anyway,.. of course since I like BYU i'm blind to it's downsides right? :)
hey sweetie!! It sounds like you had an amazing weekend!! You are so not allowed to move away! We are finally hanging out more, and you want to leave me?? That is not nice!! lol j/t
Good to see you this weekend! We had fun!
Post a Comment