Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's a small world after all...

Do me a favor and don't start singing that song... I actually hate that song and the ride at disneyland for getting the song stuck in your head... it could be hours after you have ridden it and it never fails... you will still be singing the song.... Speaking of the ride at Disneyland... Did you know it's under construction? Like major construction... apparently the american population is a bit heavier than they used to be and were grounding the boats... so now they are working to dig the trenches deeper throughout the ride. Yup that's right... it's a small world closed until November for too small of trenches...

But I digress.... today I attended the LV Chamber of Commerce Business Expo 2008. I came home with lots of goodies and haven't eaten that well in a long time! The booth next to ours was Trader Vics and they were serving Buffalo Sandwiches... I LOVE Buffalo!! They also tried to get me to try their Mai Tai Pie, but I decided to put my drinking days behind me... Good thing since i work promoting Recovery! ha ha... Down the aisle from us was McMullins Pub who actually was serving alcohol... our booth was not quite as popular as theirs so I started grabbing people with drinks and asking if it could become addictive, and to come see us when it did! That is... until the Bar guys told me to stop stealing their customers :) 

But, the real reason for writing this is that it really is a small world!! While I was wandering the floor and eating the most amazing cream filled strawberries... I ran into Jackie Tibbitts my best friend from high school that I have not seen or heard from since we graduated EIGHT years ago!! It took me a minute to realize who she was, but then we were like the Gilmore Girls--talking so fast that nobody but us would be able to understand!! She is now the event planner for Game Works, an arcade on the strip. She has been married for four years to her high school boyfriends best friend and the HS BF was in her wedding and she was in his last month. It IS a small world afterall....

No comments: